Mackerel supports obtaining and monitoring Amazon Simple Email Service metrics in AWS Integration. When integrating with AWS Integration, billable targets are determined using the conversion 1 Region = 1 Micro Host. In addition to this, depending on the number of metrics retrieved, you may be charged for exceeding the maximum number of metrics per micro host.
Please refer to the following page for AWS Integration configuration methods and a list of supported AWS services.
The metrics obtainable with AWS Integration's support for SES are as follows. For
Metric explanations, refer to the AWS help page.
Monitoring Your Amazon SES Sending Activity
Viewing Metrics for Amazon SES Email Receiving
The maximum number of metrics obtainable is
10 + 2 × (number of rules) + 1 × (number of CloudWatch event destination configurations).
|Graph name||Metric||Metric name in Mackerel||Unit||Statistics|
|Email Sending Events||Send
|Email Receiving Failure||PublishFailure
|Sent Last 24 Hours||-||ses.sent_last_24_hours.sent||integer||-|
- The following items in "Metric name in Mackerel" are set as follows.
RULE_NAME: The SES RuleName
DIMENSION_NAME: The name of the dimension set in the configuration set's CloudWatch event destination
DIMENSION_VALUE: The value of the dimension set in the configuration set's CloudWatch event destination
- Tag filtering for hosts is not available with AWS Integration SES support.
- Assigning roles by tags is not available with AWS Integration SES support.
- The Email Sending Events "Open" and "Click" occur when using Configuration Sets and Open/Click events have been captured. Refer to the AWS Help page for more details.
- "Delivery Delay" uses Configuration Sets and event destinations must be set to the
DELIVERY_DELAYevent type. See the AWS documentation for more details.
- The values of
DIMENSION_VALUEunder "Metric name in Mackerel" are processed in the following cases.
Also, If the processed metric name matches another metric name, the retrieved metric may be incorrect.
- If the CloudWatch event destination has multiple dimensions, the string connected with "_" (underscore) will be applied.
- If the string length exceeds 100 characters, the excess will be truncated.
- Any "." (Dot) or "@" (at sign) included in
DIMENSION_VALUEis replaced with an "_" (underscore).