Hello, this is Nishiyama (id:tukaelu) from Mackerel Team CRE. I would like to provide some information about the latest updates.
- Graph annotations can now be displayed on the graph widget of custom dashboards
- Service metric interruption monitoring can now be set without specifying a threshold value.
- AWS Integration and Google Cloud Integration configuration screens improved
- Monitoring rule type and alert message properties added to webhook notification JSON
- Notification channel suspend status can now be obtained via API and mkr
- Yammer integration to be discontinued in the future
- Notice regarding support desk during the year-end and New Year's holidays and Support Help Page
Graph annotations can now be displayed on the graph widget of custom dashboards
Previously, graph annotations could only be configured and displayed in role graphs and service metric graphs. In this update, graph annotations set for services and roles specified on the graph controller of a custom dashboard can now be displayed in the graph widget.
It's very convenient for reviewing data on custom dashboards. Try it out sometime!
Service metric interruption monitoring can now be set without specifying a threshold value.
Users can enable the 'service metric monitoring' function to monitor interruptions in metric posting. However, previously, doing so required the user to specify a threshold value, even if the user only wants to monitor interruptions. With this update, users can tick the "Set Interruption Monitoring" checkbox to add and update the monitoring rules even if the threshold is blank.
The settings screens for AWS Integration and Google Cloud Integration have been unified and organized to match the Azure Integration settings screen (as shown below) to make them easier to understand and configure.
- Basic integration settings
- Settings for cloud integration credentials
- Settings for metric-collecting services
- Settings for narrowing down tags and labels
We will continue making improvements to make Mackerel easier to use and understand.
Monitoring rule type and alert message properties added to webhook notification JSON
The following properties were added to the webhook notification JSON:
- Monitoring rule type (
- Alert message (
Previously, the user had to execute the Alert Retrieval API based on the alert ID to retrieve the above information from a webhook notification. This improvement eliminates that step and allows the user to directly reference the properties in the notification, improving quality of life.
Please see the webhook help page for more details.
Notification channel suspend status can now be obtained via API and mkr
When notifications consecutively fail, notifications for that destination will be suspended. Previously, the suspension status could only be checked on the web console.
This update adds a
suspendedAt field to the API response that retrieves the notification channel. The said field indicates the date and time the channel was suspended.
With the addition of this item, users can now retrieve
mkr channels on mkr v0.54.0 or later.
Added on December 27, 2023
If you are using a Windows environment, an update to mackerel-agent version 0.78.3 or later is required.
Yammer integration to be discontinued in the future
Due to the end of Microsoft's Yammer, we will discontinue the following integrations provided by Mackerel by the end of January:
If you are using Yammer integration, please take the following actions as soon as possible:
- If you are logging in with your Yammer account, please go to Account Settings to see if you can log in with another authentication method, then set up an alternative login method if necessary.
- If you are using the Yammer notification channel, please find an alternative way to receive notifications.
Once the Yammer integration function is discontinued, the Yammer notification channel will be hidden.
Notice regarding support desk during the year-end and New Year's holidays and Support Help Page
As stated in the previous announcement, our support will be closed during the following period:
- Year-end and New Year's holidays: December 28, 2023 (Thu) to January 4, 2024 (Thu)
Inquiries received during this period will be handled in order starting from January 5, 2024 (Fri) onward.
We have also updated our Support Help Page. Please check this page as well.