Hello! Mackerel team CRE Miura (id:missasan) here.
Mackerel will be attending Cloud Impact 2018 which is scheduled to run from October 17th (Wednesday) through October 19th (Friday) at Tokyo Big Sight. Be sure to stop by the Mackerel booth!
Now on to this week’s update information.
Check monitoring plugin for AWS CloudWatch Logs added
The mackerel-check-plugins package has been updated to v0.23.0. With this update, we’ve added
check-aws-cloudwatch-logs, a check plugin for AWS CloudWatch Logs! For more details such as on how to use, check out the help page below.
Listed below are some additional notes about the plugin.
- Depending on the log flow rate of the log group specified by the
log-group-name, check processing may time out.
- As described in Adding monitors for script checks - Mackerel Docs, Mackerel's check monitoring default timeout setting is 30 seconds.
- Change the timeout setting with
check_intervalor consider splitting the group if possible.
- Depending on usage, a CloudWatch API usage fee may occur.
- Applicable to “Logs (Stored)” in Amazon CloudWatch Pricing – Amazon Web Services (AWS).
BurstBalance metrics have been added for AWS・RDS Integration
Mackerel at Cloud Impact 2018! October 17-19 (Wed. - Fri.)
Details are as follows. We are looking forward to seeing everyone at our booth!
- Date: October 17 (Wednesday) to October 19 (Friday)
- Place: Tokyo Big Sight East Hall 1-3
- Admission fee: 3,000yen (tax included, free for those invited/pre-registered)