Thank you for using Mackerel.
The following issue regarding Google Cloud integration was identified.
Description of issue
- In cases where Compute Engine is linked, the integration of Compute Engine metrics was terminated and monitoring could not be performed normally.
- Metrics were either missing or posted excessively on AppEngine and CloudSQL hosts that were linked using the same integration settings as Compute Engine.
Time of occurrence
- Between July 25th and August 22nd, 2023
Scope of impact
- This issue affected hosts that use Google Cloud integration and are linked in the manner described in "Description of issue."
- Hosts whose integration settings are configured only with AppEngine and CloudSQL and which are linked to these were not affected.
- For hosts that support Compute Engine with mackerel-agent installed, metrics posted by mackerel-agent are integrated normally.
- This issue was caused by a bug in the retry process in the metric integration process for Google Cloud integration.
- We have already fixed the bug in the retry process, and the issue has been resolved.
- We will continue to improve the retry process to ensure that it is operating properly.
We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused our users.
We will continue to improve the quality of our services, and we look forward to your continued support of Mackerel.