Hi, I'm Miura (id:missasan), CRE of Mackerel team.
December is here, and the year is almost over. The Mackerel Advent Calendar is now full of articles as well. It has a variety of interesting use cases, tips for team use, and information about the Hatena Mackerel team, so please have a look.
Now, let me inform you of the contents of this update.
- [Notice] We will review the level of support for some official plugins
- Alert notes can now be updated from the API
- Changed metric for memory in Kubernetes environments
- Changed the Mackerel API error response format
- Accessibility improvements have been made
- "Mackerel" became the first Japanese company to be certified as AWS Graviton Ready
- Notice of support desk closure during the New Year's holiday season
[Notice] We will review the level of support for some official plugins
Mackerel has been providing plugins for Linux that are guaranteed to work as deb and rpm packages. In the future, we will be removing from the package plugins that are rarely used or can already be replaced by other functions. (Plugins included in the Windows installer are excluded.)
This change is a measure to focus on feature development. We will continue to strive to deliver new value to our users, and we would appreciate your cooperation in responding to this change.
Changes in support, etc. due to plugins no longer being included in the package, as well as the list of plugins to be excluded with this update are as follows.
- They will no longer be included in the package or guaranteed to work.
- The current version will continue to be provided in a separate repository.
- Please use the
mkr plugin installcommand to install and download the source code.
- Please use the
- We will continue to support your inquiries and code modifications in case of bugs, but it may take a few days to resolve them. We appreciate your understanding.
- We may not be able to support new features.
Plugins to be excluded
The link for each plugin is the repository after the move. At this time,
mkr plugin install is already available for use.
- Package in which it is included: mackerel-agent-plugins（Current repository )
Version to which changes apply
- mackerel-agent-plugins v0.74.0
Alert notes can now be updated from the API
If you would like to make a note of the alert response status, you can now use the API to update it from the command line or a script. If you have been making changes manually in the past, try using the API to update them.
For more information, please see the help section below.
Changed metric for memory in Kubernetes environments
As previously announced in the blog, starting with mackerel-container-agent v0.8.0, we have changed where the values obtained as container memory usage are obtained. Please refer to the following blog post for details.
Changed the Mackerel API error response format
As previously announced in the blog, we have changed the format of Mackerel API error responses. Please see the blog below for details of the change.
Accessibility improvements have been made
- The outline is now displayed when the combo box is focused.
- In custom dashboards, graph share buttons, etc. can now be operated using the Tab key on the keyboard.
"Mackerel" became the first Japanese company to be certified as AWS Graviton Ready
Please refer to the following URL for details.
Notice of support desk closure during the New Year's holiday season
During the following period, we will not be able to respond to inquiries from the "Contact Support Team" shown in the upper right corner of the header when you are logged into Mackerel.
New Year's holidays: December 28, 2022 (Wed.) - January 4, 2023 (Wed.)
Inquiries received during this period will be handled in order from January 5, 2023 (Thu.) onward.