Thank you for choosing Mackerel.
As stated in the title, system maintenance has been scheduled to take place on Thursday, December 19.
The system will be temporarily suspended and we apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. Maintenance such as this is indispensable for being able to continuously provide better service and we appreciate your understanding.
Scheduled date and time
Thursday, December 19, 2019 from 2:00pm - 5:00pm (JST)
※This time period is the longest case scenario. The system will restart as soon as the maintenance work has been completed.
The reason for this date and time
Because Mackerel is a service that is relied upon for system monitoring, we came to the conclusion that the best time for a temporary shutdown would be at a time when the majority of Mackerel users could be available to keep an eye on things and respond if necessary. For this reason, we’ve scheduled the time window to avoid the middle of the night, commuting hours and lunch breaks for many of our users in Japan.
On the other hand, we understand that for those using Mackerel for server management, it will be difficult to perform actions such as server operations and deploying applications during the daytime and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Consideration for our users is essential in determining an appropriate maintenance timeframe and something that we want to continue to improve. If you have any feedback, please let us know.
- The scheduled time frame is the longest case scenario and will end as soon as the work has been completed.
- Once maintenance work has begun, the entire Mackerel system will shutdown for a short period of time.
- As soon as the scheduled maintenance has been completed and working operation has been confirmed, the system shutdown will end and an announcement will be made
- As for mackerel-agent metric posting, data will be buffered from mackerel-agent during the maintenance period and resent after maintenance has been completed
- If resent properly, graphs during the maintenance period will also be displayed.
- Please note that if mackerel-agent is stopped or restarted before resending is complete, buffering data will be lost.
- Trying to start up mackerel-agent during maintenance will fail because communication with Mackerel cannot be made.
Situation reports will be made on the Mackerel status page (http://status.mackerel.io).
Please send all inquiries regarding this matter to email@example.com
Thank you again for your understanding and cooperation.